[usmt dev] usmt

Jason Pyeron dev@smime.pyerotechnics.com
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:04:42 -0500 (EST)

two answers

MIME multipart

or

XML

support both?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I will explain the justification for each, assuming that they can encode
the same information in the same structure (if a demonstration is need i
will give examples)

XML, is designed for transport of ordered inforamtion like this, it
provides a tree structure of records. each record may contain sub records.
each record is not forced to be/contain any type.

its format is portable.

MIME multipart, is designed to transport mulitple records inside of a
single record, like XML it can contain subrecords. MOST MUAs have
facilities to parse the MIME multipart structure.

the format is know to MUAs

-jp

- Jason Pyeron              Pyerotechnics Development -
- Projects Manager          Suite 101/2937 St Paul St -
- 410 467 2266              Baltimore, Maryland 21218 -